What is a Meal Plan?
Meal Plan Options
Board SwipesThe Board Swipe function of your Meal Plan gives you access to our all-you-care-to-eat Morgan Dining Hall.
Meal EquivalenciesMeal Equivalencies may be used in both locations where you can use a board swipe, but you’re also able to use meal equivalencies at additional dining locations. This function of your Meal Plan allows you the option to exchange a board swipe for a convenient meal in one of our retail locations like Chick-Fil-A, Panda Express, Saladworks, Bento Sushi, and more. Each Meal Plan includes a certain number of equivalencies that can be used weekly, or per semester, depending on the type of meal plan purchased.
The breakfast equivalency rate is $6.71. The lunch and dinner equivalency rates are $9.25.
Diamond DollarsThe Diamond Dollars program is Temple's campus-based debit card solution that eliminates the need to carry cash. Everyone who has a Temple University OWLcard, has a Diamond Dollars account. Depending on your Meal Plan, you may have Diamond Dollars added to your account that can be used for things like covering a balance when you spend more than the meal equivalency rate at one of our retail locations. For example, if you’re using your Meal Plan and decide to order lunch at Saladworks in the Student Center and your order totals $9.75, the meal equivalency rate ($9.25) will be deducted, so your balance is now $0.50 and can be covered by asking the Cashier to use your Diamond Dollars (or another form of tender). Additional Diamond Dollars can be added by visiting Temple’s Diamond Dollars website.
Meal Plan Benefits
- Quality food made fresh daily by our culinary teams
- Convenient hours and locations across campus with a dining option always close by
- Use your equivalencies to dine with your favorite brands like Chick-Fil-A and Panda Express
- Sustainable menu options, healthy choices, vegan and vegetarian, and plant-based foods available across campus
- Special events with exciting themed menus for meal plan participants
- Special dietary accommodations including a True Balance Allergen Friendly station at Morgan Dining Hall
Managing Your Plan
There are three ways you can check your Meal Plan balance
- On the TUMobile app under Meal Plan Balance
- Ask any cashier to check your balance for you at a register
- Visit the Marketing & Operations office located in J&H
- Open Monday-Friday 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Diamond Dollars balance running low? No problem - add more Diamond Dollars now.
- Meal Plan Registration Opens for all students on November 30, 2020
- Meal Plans Begin with Dinner in Morgan Dining Hall on January 17, 2021
- Retail Operations Open on January 19, 2021
- First Day of Classes is January 19, 2021
- Last Day to Drop / Downgrade Meal Plans is February 1, 2021
- Last Day of Meal Plan Service for the Spring 2021 Semester ends with lunch on May 5, 2021
*STUDENTS REQUIRED TO HAVE MEAL PLANS
Students residing on Main Campus in University Housing for their first semester are required to have a meal plan.
- Required Students must choose the 10 Meals Per Week Meal Plan at minimum
- Non-Required Students may sign-up for any Meal Plan